Welcome to my little slice on the internet called Travel, Books & Food. I started this blog in 2015 to write about all the places I have been to and over the years, this blog has endeavoured to help people around the world plan their trips.
Here you will find planning guides, travel itineraries, vegetarian travel guides, Indian visa guides and so much more.
I travel solo, with my partner, with family and with my friends too.
My parents are from Kerala, I grew up in Tanzania, I have lived in more than 10 cities including Mexico City and I am back to Bangalore for now.
I also am an entrepreneur and if I am not working on the site, I will be running behind that business of ours.
After being a solo traveler for so many years, I am a compulsive planner. Most of my trips outside India are extensively planned (even though most times they don’t go according to plan). I also have a full-time job, which means that I have to maximise my vacation days by planning short trip itineraries. I also love road trips. Find some of my extensive short itineraries and planning guides below.
As an Indian traveller, one of the toughest things while traveling outside India is on how to secure a visa. It differs from country to country and I have written extensively on how to procure a visa for Indians.
Find all of my visa posts below.
- Step-by-step Renewal process for tourist visa for USA from INDIA (B1/B2) in 2023
- Schengen Visa for Indians in 2023 (Short term tourism visa, fees, Application)
- Australia Visa for Indians in 2023 (Tourist or Business Visa Subclass 600)
- Your Ultimate Guide To Procuring a Schengen Visa from Netherlands in 2023 (Indians)
- Malaysia Visa For Indians Tips in 2023 (eNTRI or eVisa or Visa on Arrival (VOA)?)
- UK And Ireland Visa in 2023: British Irish Visa Scheme (BIVS) For Indians (England Visa)
- Israeli Visa For Indians in 2023 (A DIY Guide, tips, appointment, fees etc)
- Online UAE Visa For Indians/ UAE Visa On Arrival for Indians with Valid US Visa in 2023
As a vegetarian traveller for the past 15 years, I am always on the lookout for the best vegetarian food around the world. I write extensive guides on both vegetarian and vegan travel around the world.
When I started Travel, Books & Food back in 2015, I had no clue on how blogging or website design looked like.
But over the years, I have learnt a lot on my own and I write posts on blogging from time to time. All these posts are written from experience and are foolproof when it comes to implementing on your website.
Looking to book your trip now? Find some of my favorite resources I use while booking my trip. You can also find my travel gear here.
Book Your Flight
I am a Skyscanner fan when it comes to booking international flights. I use Makemytrip and Yatra for domestic flights.
Booking is my go to resource for booking hotel accommodation and I use Airbnb for booking my homestays. I also compare prices on Tripadvisor always. Another one I always use is Expedia.
As an Indian, I prefer ICICILombard and I am always insured when I am traveling outside India. In addition, I have used World Nomads and SafetyWing for some of my trips.
I do go on a lot of day tours especially when I am traveling solo. Depending on convenience, my choices are Viator or Getyourguide.